Welcome to Kenly No. 257!
With the assistance of a Masonic Lodge in Nahunta, a small community east of Kenly, a new lodge was chartered on December 6, 1866 as the J. B. Person Lodge No. 257. The Lodge was named in honor of the Master of Nahunta Lodge, J. B. Person, who was instrumental in its establishment. The first official meeting of J. B. Person Lodge was held on August 9, 1866. The by-laws of the lodge were written and soon approved by the Grand Lodge and the charter was issued. The first Master of this lodge was Ray Phillips. The Lodge has been through several name changes: J. B. Person Lodge (1866), Beulah Lodge (1873), and finally to Kenly Lodge on December 27, 1900. The lodge first held its communications in the Holly Springs Church in the Beulah community. Kenly Masonic Lodge has been a strong presence in our community which continues through to this day. Click 2B1ASK1 if interested.